This agreement between _ _ ("Author") and WolfSinger Publications is for purchase of publishing rights to the Work
known as _ _. The author warrants that s/he has legal authority to grant the license explained below.
WolfSinger Publications has scheduled the work to be released in _ _.
A. The Author hereby represents and warrants to Publisher that:
1. The Work is free and clear of any counts of libel, plagiarism, breach of privacy or misrepresentation of facts.
2. The Work does not infringe upon any copyright or proprietary right, common law or statutory law, and does not
contain material of libelous nature. The Work is not in the public domain and the Author is the sole owner and copyright
holder of the Work with full power to enter into this contract. If the Work has been previously published in the whole of in
part, the Author currently holds all copyright to the Work and is legally permitted to enter into this agreement.
2a. The Author acknowledges that the Work is not available as a free download anywhere on the Internet nor is it available
from the Author's website.
3. The Author releases Publisher from any responsibilities relating to any legal actions incurred by the contents of the
Work or the Author.
B. The Author grants to Publisher the following rights:
1. The right to publish the Work in all English language print and e-book editions of the Work.
2.a. This contract shall remain in effect for 5 years from the date of first publication.
2.b. After the expiration of this contract WolfSinger Publication shall have first option to conclude an agreement with the
Author for continued publication rights to the Work on terms to be mutually agreed upon. Should no such agreement be
concluded within sixty (60) days of the expiration of this contract, all rights to the Work automatically revert to the Author.
3. The Publisher has the right to contract with distributors, bookstores, vendors, organizations and or outlets to sell the
Work in association with the Publisher's name.
4. All rights not specifically mentioned in this contract are reserved to the Author.
5. Right of First Refusal: The Author shall offer any related Works to the Publisher before pursuing other publication
avenues. “Related works” being other works within a/the series or with the same characters developed within the Work.
The Publisher does not have to accept the Work presented for publication, at which time the Author shall be welcome to
pursue other publication avenues.
C. Compensation and sales:
1. The author will receive a _$50.00_ advance payment for the rights outlined in section B. The listed amount is an
advance against a share of _60%_ of all future income received by WolfSinger Publications from all editions of the Work
less any handling costs, service fees, or discounts when paid in full by the distributor, bookstore, vendor, organization.
2. Statements will be issued semi-annually for the time period of January 1st to June 30th and July 1st to December 31st
of each year this agreement is in force, within ninety (90) days of the end of each time period indicated above.
3. Payments to the author will be made twice a year based on earnings received 1 January - 30 June and 1 July - 31
December. Statements and payments will be issued within ninety (90) days of the close of the statement period. As all
payments are made through PayPal - payments will be made once owed amounts exceed $5.00.
4. Author copies: The Author will receive one complimentary copy of the Work as well as the ability to purchase additional
copies through a special link at Lulu.com at a discounted price. Link will be provided by the editor once the Work is
finalized and ready for purchase.
D. Copyright infringement:
In the event of an infringement of the rights granted under this agreement to Publisher, WolfSinger Publications and the
Author shall have the right to sue jointly for the infringement and after deducting the expenses of bringing the suit to share
equally in any recovery.
WolfSinger Publications may at any time sell itself, or the majority of itself, its holdings, or licenses, Current contracts
would transfer to the new owner.
If WolfSinger Publications is legally judged bankrupt or liquidates/closes its business, this contract shall be terminated
immediately and all rights granted to Publisher shall be terminated.
G. Author's name:
Publisher shall have the right to use the Author's name, photo, any cover art (owned by the Author) and biographical
material for the purpose of advertising, publishing and promoting the Work.
H. Cover Art:
1. All cover art produced by WolfSinger Publications or by any employee of WolfSinger Publications remains the property
of the Publisher. The author has the option to purchase the cover art from the publisher for the "market value" determined
by the publisher at any time.
1a. WolfSinger Publications does grant to Author the right to use the cover art in promoting the work. ie. To have
bookmarks produced, to be placed on Author's website, etc. for as long as this agreement is in effect. The right is revoked
if the Author or Publisher cancel this agreement.
2. The Publisher has sole discretion and artistic license to design, layout and implement any and all cover art or artwork
and is under no obligation to obtain permission from the Author before release.
I. Cancellation of Contract:
In the event the Author wishes to cancel this contract prior to the end of the five years they will be required to reimburse
the Publisher for any amounts still outstanding on earn out.
J. Operation eBook Drop:
As the Publisher participates in Operation eBook Drop – they would like to include this book in the ebooks made available
to military members for free through Smashwords.com. The Publisher will provide military members signed up with
Operation eBook Drop with a code to obtain an electronic copy of the Anthology free through Smashwords.com at the
end of the calendar in which it is published.
Author Opts Out of having their book included in Operation eBook Drop _________________
This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the Author and Publisher and may not be altered, or amended
except by written instruments agreed upon by both parties.
|Don't Write What You Know;
Write What You Care About -- Passionately!